the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Monday, March 18, 2013

Quick & Easy Pizza Crust

I got this off the Fleischmann's Pizza Crust yeast envelope - very tasty, and very easy!  I used it to make pepperoni rolls, and everyone loved it. I adjusted the ingredients a bit, and did it differently than directed.

Crust: (my changes are in bold)
1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used half white whole wheat)
1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust Yeast
1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup very warm water (120 to 130°F)*
3 tablespoons oil (I used 2 tbsp.)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425°F.

Combine yeast and warm water; let sit while mixing other dry ingredients. In large bowl combine 1 cup flour, sugar & salt. Add yeast/water mixture and oil to flour; mix with spoon or mixer until combined. Add additional flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough is soft - it should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.

I then placed it in a greased bowl, covered, and let it rise for about 30 minutes, only because I had other things to do. I think it would have been fine to use immediately. This makes 1 regular 12-inch or 2 thin crusts.

**It states on the yeast envelope that this yeast is not suitable for bread baking.**

Adapted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment