the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

This is an amazing recipe - so easy, and delicious! I don't usually have taco sauce on hand, so I just use more BBQ or ketchup. And the Liquid Smoke is pretty necessary, so don't forget that.

Ingredients:

3 lb. bag frozen chicken breasts (I've also used boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
1 onion, diced
2 cups of any combo of ketchup or any kind of bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
8 oz taco sauce (Not salsa)
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1 Tbs. dry mustard
2 Tbs. vinegar
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. liquid smoke
 
Instructions
  1. Toss all the ingredients into the slow cooker. You don't even need to stir. (I stir it up after it's all in the crock pot - at least smear it together. The first time I cooked it, there was a blob of unmixed stuff on top of the chicken.)
  2. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8. (I've only cooked it on low) 
  3. Shred the meat and stir it all up. (I kept the thighs whole, and served buns alongside.) 
  4. Serve on buns.
Slightly adapted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment