the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Monday, November 12, 2012

Baked Chicken with onions, garlic & basil (and *amazing* gravy)

This was SO good - we'll make it again. And super-easy, starting with frozen chicken breasts - putting it together was a snap.

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless, skinless frozen chicken breasts
1/2 onion, sliced thin
2-3 cloves garlic, peeled, and either whole or minced
fresh basil leaves or pesto
pepper, olive oil


Preheat the oven to 350*. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with olive oil spray, place as many frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts as will fit in the pan. Cover with sliced onions, whole or minced garlic, fresh basil leaves or pesto, pepper, and drizzle with olive oil (or spray with an oil mister). Cover with foil and bake until chicken is tender, and registers 165*. (it took about 40 minutes)

Gravy:
About the gravy. Each time I get a rotisserie chicken, I boil the carcass for several hours, strain, chill, and skim off the fat. I used this chicken stock for the gravy - heated it to boiling, added a flour/water slurry (2 tbsp. flour in 2 tbsp. water, shaken in a jar until mixed) - whisk until smooth, return to a low simmer until thickened. Simple, quick and delicious.

I served it with rice and veggies. From the reactions, I think they loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment