the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Saturday, December 1, 2012

Caramelized Brussel Sprouts

This was in a Family Fun magazine, October 2012.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt (or 1/2 tsp. table salt)
1/2 tsp. sugar
lemon wedges, for serving

Directions:
1. Place a large rimmed baking sheet on an oven rack in the lowest position & heat the oven to 500'. Trim the bottom of the sprouts, peel & discard any shriveled leaves, and halve the sprouts.
2. In a large bowl, drizzle the sprouts with the oil & toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle with the salt & sugar & toss gently to combine.
3. Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Carefully transfer the sprouts to the sheet & spread them evenly, flat sides down.
4. Place the sprouts in the oven & roast them until they're well browned & tender, 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment