the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

We made these for dinner - and they were delicious - the tomatoes were tender, slightly sweet, and perfect for a cold night.
 
  • 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (or basil)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

  •  
     -Preheat oven to 450° F.
     -Place tomatoes cut-side up on a greased baking tray. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cheese & herbs. Drizzle with olive oil and bake 15 minutes or until tender.
              

    No comments:

    Post a Comment