the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"Almost Marzetti's" Slaw Dressing

We eat cole slaw on a regular basis here - with BBQ, hot dogs, tuna salad, hamburgers, etc. - and I usually buy Marzetti's Light dressing, because that's what I've always done, and I've never found a recipe that worked. Yesterday I was forced to find one, because it was almost dinner time & I had about 1/2 cup of Marzetti's - here is the recipe I found, from allrecipes:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups light mayonnaise

  • 2/3 cup sugar

  • 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)

  • 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard

  • cabbage

  • carrot

  • celery salt (optional)

  •  
    1. Combine mayo, sugar, vinegar & mustard; whisk together until sugar is dissolved.
    2. Chop or shred carrots & cabbage.
    3. Add enough dressing to taste; sprinkle with celery salt if desired.
     
    Recipe from here
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment