the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Sunday, October 7, 2012

Low Fat Double Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins (from Pioneer Woman)

I found these muffins via her tastykitchen website - I didn't have a box of cake mix, so I made the "from scratch" version of the mix that is below the original recipe. Everyone really liked them!

This makes ~18 muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1 package (about 18 Oz. Size) German Chocolate Cake Mix Or Make Your Own Chocolate Cake Mix (See Note)
  • 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Pure Pumpkin
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
  • 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • FOR OPTIONAL HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX:
  • 1-¾ cup Flour (I used 1/2 white & 1/2 white whole wheat)
  • 1-½ cup Sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • ⅔ cups Unsweetened Cocoa

  • Preheat oven 350ºF. Line or grease a muffin tin. Makes 18-24 muffins, depending on how full you fill each cup. I baked mine at 400*
    Mix cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend with mixer on low 1 minute, scrape down. Or mix by hand.
    Increase speed to medium 2 minutes. Scrape down. Batter will be thick.
    Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into muffin tin. Bake 20-25 minutes. (or 10-12 minutes at increased temperature.)

     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment