the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Friday, February 24, 2012

Orange, Apple & Cranberry Salad

I needed a fruit salad to bring to a brunch yesterday, last-minute - so I used what I had on hand, and it turned out really well. It reminded me a bit of curried-fruit salad, which I've had in the past.

2 oranges, peeled, sectioned and diced
3 red delicious apples, cored and diced
1/2 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
1/4 cup (or to taste, depending on the oranges) sugar or sweetener of choice
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix all ingredients and let sit at least 30 minutes. Stir again before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment