the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Thursday, December 22, 2011

Strawberry Jam Muffins with Lemon Zest

I had an abundance of strawberry jam, and found muffin recipes using jams/jellies. This is an adaptation of several online recipes. I am sure any jam would do.



  • 1 3/4 cup flour (I used a combination of white and white whole wheat)


  • 2 teaspoons baking powder


  • 1/2 teaspoon salt


  • 3/4 cup milk


  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil


  • 1 tablespoon vanilla


  • 1 egg


  • 1/2 cup sugar


  •  2 tsp. lemon juice


  • zest 1 lemon


  • 1/2 cup jam


  • more jam for swirling on top



  • Preheat oven to 400*. Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients, sugar, lemon juice and zest; mix dry into wet, stirring until moist. Fold in jam. Evenly distribute in muffin tins; place small spoonful jam on top of each muffin and swirl with knife. Bake 13-16 minutes or until done. Makes 12.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment