the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Friday, February 10, 2012

Glazed Baby Carrots

I have never made glazed carrots. My husband is not a fan of cooked carrots, so it's never on my mind. However, this week I inadvertantly bought 7 pounds of carrots...you have to do something with that many. My girls all loved these, which I found on allrecipes:

1 pound baby carrots
1/4 cup orange juice (I used water - no orange juice)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 pinch salt

           

  1. Place carrots in a shallow saucepan, and cover with water. Boil until tender. Drain, and return carrots to pan.
  2. Pour orange juice (or water) over carrots, and mix well. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, butter, and salt. Heat until butter and sugar melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment