- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups raisins, we don't use raisins (optional)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda together.
- Cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, orange peel, and orange juice and mix until mixture is evenly moist.
- Fold in raisins and cranberries.
- Spoon into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.