the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Thursday, November 24, 2011

Potato Rolls

We tried these for Thanksgiving - they are fantastic! I got them from this blog. My changes are in bold:

1/2 c. mashed potatoes (I just mashed some cooked red potatoes)
1/4 c. potato water
1/4 c. canola oil
1 c. warm milk
1 egg
1/4 c. sugar (I used 2 tbsp. sugar)
1 1/4 t. salt
4 c. bread flour*
2 1/4 t. yeast

*I modified the amount of flour: 3 1/2 c. bread flour and 1/2 c. whole wheat flour* (I used 3 cups bread flour and 1 cup white whole wheat)

I place all these ingredients in bread maker and use the dough cycle. Then shape into rolls, cover in a warm place and allow to rise until double in size. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. *This made 20 rolls for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment