the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Saturday, October 8, 2011

Oven-Baked BBQ Tofu

and now for something completely different! I love tofu, my girls are so-so, and my husband will reluctantly try it. I made this recipe at least 10 years ago, and it has crossed my mind over the years. My oldest daughter loved it, my husband ate 2 slices, and the younger two weren't thrilled. Oh well, more for me!

1 block firm tofu, drained (I pressed it with my palms to get more liquid out)
BBQ sauce, bottled or homemade (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1/4 onion (or more to taste), sliced thin
pepper to taste

Slice tofu on short end into 1/4 - 1/2 inch slices. Spray 9 x 13 pan and spread BBQ sauce on bottom. (Amounts aren't precise) Lay tofu on pan in single layer, cover with onions and more sauce - spread to cover. Sprinkle with pepper, cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes, or until BBQ sauce appears dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment