the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chicken with 20 Cloves of Garlic (in the Crock Pot)

We made this in the crock pot, and while it was delicious with *40* cloves of garlic, we knocked it down to 20. The house still smells like it, which is okay unless it permeates the clothes in your closet...

Ingredients:

2 pounds chicken leg quarters or thighs (I used boneless, skinless thighs)
20 garlic cloves, peeled

1 onion, sliced
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white (optional, replace with water or more broth)

1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
sprig fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme

Instructions
  1. Place onion slices in bottom of crock pot. Cover with garlic, then chicken. (I put my chicken thighs in while frozen)
  2. Combine liquids in container with flour; shake to combine. Pour over chicken and add spices.
  3. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or until chicken is done.

This is great served with crusty bread, and try spreading the soft garlic on the bread slices.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment