- 4 lbs. pork shoulder or beef or pork roast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 cups ketchup or BBQ sauce
- 8 oz taco sauce (not salsa) (I didn't have any, so I put more BBQ sauce in)
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbs. dry mustard (I used more prepared mustard instead)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
Janet says it freezes well, and she sometimes freezes it in muffin cups for individual servings.
**one more note: I've also made it as directed, but after shredding I divided the meat in half - I kept half plain, and then made the sauce on the stove and simmered the other half like that. Both ways are great.