the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cranberry Chicken

adapted from Taste of Home

Ingredients


1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup water
1/4-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
Dash ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, optional I definitely recommend including this
Hot cooked rice, optional

Directions

In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown the chicken on both sides, sprinkling each side with pepper. Remove and keep warm.

In small jar with lid, combine water and flour; shake to mix.
 
In the same skillet, add water/flour mixture, cranberries, brown sugar, nutmeg and vinegar if desired. Cook and stir until the berries burst, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is tender, basting occasionally with the sauce. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
 
sometimes I pound the chicken breasts to speed up cooking time and it tenderizes them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment