the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tomato Sage Chicken

(from Williams Sonoma - it came in a catalog a long time ago - it has a really good flavor)

4 chicken breasts, skinless, cut into 3 pieces each
1 cup chicken stock
1 large onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp fresh sage leaves
2 16-oz. cans crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper to taste

In 4 quart saute pan, warm stock. Add onion, garlic and white wine vinegar; simmer ~5 minutes until softened. Add chicken and simmer 5-10 minutes until golden. Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and sage. Partially cover and simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook another 5 minutes to thicken. (I haven't cooked this one in at least 5 years, but this cooking time seems a bit long - I'd check it at 15 minutes and go from there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment