the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Bars

Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Bars
(I haven't made these yet, but they sound great)

1 1/2 sticks butter

1 1/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
4 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
12 oz bag chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

Grease a 10”x15” jelly roll pan or spray with cooking spray. I like to use Baker’s Joy spray. It has flour in it and does a great job of keeping baked goods from sticking to the pan. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer bowl. Add the eggs and mix until well blended. Add the vanilla and bananas.

In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add this to the wet ingredients, blending until combined. Add the chocolate chips and pecans.

Spread the batter into the jelly roll and bake for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment