the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Applesauce Bread

This was originally called "Applesauce Cake", but I cut way back on the sugar to make it more of a breakfast bread - but I still bake it in an 8" round cake pan and serve it sliced in triangles. This is wonderful for those who can't have eggs.

Mix together:
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups applesauce

Add:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Bake in a greased 8 or 9 inch round pan at 350' for 45-50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment