the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Tortellini Soup

-saute 1 medium chopped onion in olive oil, add 2 cloves chopped garlic


-separately, cook 1-2 chicken breasts in water (I did it in my pressure cooker, put frozen chicken breasts on top of sauteed onions)

-put onions, garlic, chicken stock in a pot - add 1-2 carrots, chopped, simmer until tender. I then added flour mixed w/a bit of milk to thicken

-add salt and pepper, thyme and rosemary to taste, simmer

-a little before serving, add 2-3 cups chopped broccoli and simmer until tender. I pureed at least 1/3 of soup and added back in; then simmered the cheese tortellini and added in chopped chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment