the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bread Machine Crescent Rolls

These are fantastic! They aren't as flaky as Pillsbury canned rolls, but the dough is very soft & easy to work with, and everyone loved them. My notes are in bold - and I divided the dough in half and made 24 - they were still big.
Crescent Rolls


3/4 cup plus 2 Tbs warm milk
1/4 cup warm water
1 egg
6 Tbs butter, softened, DIVIDED *I used 3 Tbs. of butter in the mix, and just brushed the baked rolls with 1 tbsp. of melted butter
3 cups flour *I used 2 cups white bread flour & 1 cup white whole wheat flour
2 Tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast

Put ingredients (use 3-4 Tbs of the butter) in bread machine in order listed. Use the dough cycle. When cycle is done, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12 inch circle, brush with remaining 2 Tbs butter (I omitted this step), and cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end to the point and place pointed side down 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes. Bake at 375 for 17-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment