the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Creamy Potato and Broccoli Soup

brown chopped onion in butter - I used about a cup of onions in 1 tbsp butter


add 2 chopped carrots, one clove garlic, minced, and at least 3 cups peeled, cubed potatoes, and enough water to cover - simmer until potatoes are tender. I mashed it all up pretty well at this stage.

mix at least 2 tbsp flour w/milk (about 1/2 cup), shake well, add to simmering liquid. I then added more milk, a cube of chicken bouillon, let it simmer, then added:

dried thyme, parsley, salt and pepper to taste

after it had simmered some more, I added in 2-3 cups raw broccoli, and let it simmer.

I added more salt and pepper, a bit of onion powder, and some more thyme at this point.

Simmer until potatoes and broccoli are tender. Sprinkle shredded cheese in each bowl (optional). You may need to add more water at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment