the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Monday, November 25, 2013

Pumpkin Dip - with orange zest

We love pumpkin anything, and I remembered a dip we had last year at Thanksgiving, from Trader Joe's - creamy, lots of spices, great with ginger snaps. I found a recipe online and played with it a little bit, and the result was amazing- I don't remember the previous dip having an additional orange flavor, and I thought it was a wonderful combination. I served it with ginger snaps and apple slices (tossed with orange juice to prevent browning, since we took the dish to a party).

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened ( used Neufchatel cheese)
1 1/4- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, to taste
1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon orange zest

In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually mix in the pumpkin. Stir in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and orange zest until smooth and well blended. Chill until serving.

Serve with ginger snaps, apple slices, graham crackers, pear slices- the dip itself is gluten-free.

Adapted from allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment