the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chicken with Tomatoes & Capers

Another old recipe, source unknown, but really good:

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine
6 plum tomatoes, chopped
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp capers, drained/smashed
6 large basil leaves, shredded

Directions:
1. Place chicken between wax paper and pound to 1/2 inch thickness. Mix flour, salt & pepper and coat chicken.
2. Heat oil, and brown chicken, 4-5 minutes per side. Add garlic, and cook 3 minutes.
3. Add wine, tomatoes and broth. Simmer until liquid reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add capers & basil, stir to blend, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment