the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Sunday, June 24, 2012

Watermelon Rind Salad

Watermelon rind salad...sound strange? At Boma restaurant, in the Animal Kingdom Lodge at Walt Disney World, it is a staple on the menu - and it is fantastic. It is spicy because of all the ginger, and we all love it.

Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients
2 pounds Watermelon skin, sliced thinly

Dressing
1 cup Ginger, sliced thin
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Rice Vinegar
1 cup Grenadine
1 cup Water

Method
1. In a small pot, heat the dressing ingredients until the sugar melts.
2. Remove from stove and let cool.
3. Add sliced watermelon rind.
4. Let marinate at least one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment