the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Thursday, June 7, 2012

Moroccan Chicken Kebab

This is a really good recipe - easy, and the consensus around the dinner table was that the sauce would also be fantastic on grilled/roasted eggplant or cauliflower. My changes are in bold, and I cooked them under the broiler. **Update  - this sauce is really good on cauliflower, which we sliced as steaks, marinated, then roasted at 350' for 10 minutes.

I found the recipe here:

Instructions:

  • 1 1/2 lbs. chicken or turkey breast, cut into 3/4" cubes (I had a mix of chicken breasts and boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
  • 2 teaspoons salt (I used 1 tsp.)
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper (we used 1/4 tsp, and it could have used a bit more)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger (I also added ~1 tsp. grated fresh ginger)
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed saffron threads (optional) (I omitted this)
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1 or 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsely
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (I used a bit more)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil



  • Combine all ingredients except the chicken. Add the chicken, and mix well to fully coat the meat. Cover with plastic, and leave the chicken to marinate for several hours or overnight in the refrigerator.

    Transfer the chicken to skewers and grill or broil about 4 or 5 minutes on each side, or until the meat is done. Serve immediately. (I didn't have time to put them on skewers - I put them in a baking dish large enough so the chicken was in one layer, and stirred a couple of times while cooking.)

    **We had it with jasmine rice, and that was a good combination. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
    Yields 8 to 10 large skewers.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment