the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Monday, September 26, 2011

Orange Dreamsicle Cookies

This is from a coupon add from the mid 90's - it's a really good combination!

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons orange zest (for me that was all the zest of 1 orange)
2 cups white chocolate chips (I used 1 1/2 cups)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla and orange zest until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in chips.

Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges.  Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment