the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Saturday, July 23, 2011

Simple Marinated Chicken & Vegetables

This is really good - either thrown on the grill on skewers, or cooked in the oven under the broiler.

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks (at least 1 1/2 inches)
peppers, chunked
onions in large slices
mushrooms, halved if large

In large bowl or ziploc, mix:
2-4 tbsp olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, minced (or more, if you really like garlic)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
salt and pepper to taste

Add chicken and veggies to bag/bowl, toss to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Either cook on grill, on skewers, or on a large pan, spread out in one layer - cook under the broiler, turning after 3-4 minutes, and cook until done.

1 comment: