the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A new zucchini side dish

I came up with this last night, and it was a success- and very quick and easy.

zucchini, sliced into rounds (we used 2 medium-sized, and didn't have any leftovers)
Italian dressing
Parmesan cheese
non-stick cooking spray

Spray a saute pan with spray; place zucchini in pan and add enough Italian dressing to coat. Saute for a couple of minutes, then either keep in pan if it's oven-proof or transfer zucchini to baking dish. The dish should be large enough for most of the zucchini slices to lay in single layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese as desired; place under broiler until cheese is lightly brown.

Serve immediately - the zucchini will get too soft if left under broiler too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment