the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Peach Cobbler Muffins

We tried a new muffin recipe today - adapted from this one - very tasty! As per usual, I put our changes in bold type:


 1 1/4 cup self rising flour *see below for how to make self-rising flour; we used half white/half whole wheat flour
1 cup brown sugar I used 2/3 cup NOT packed, could have used a bit less
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 eggs
29 ounce can peaches, drained well and coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup vegetable oil I used 1/3 cup oil



 Prepare muffin pan by spraying with Pam. In large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, oats ginger and cinnamon. In separate bowl, mix beaten eggs, peaches, oil and vanilla. Pour egg mixture all at once into flour mixture: stir just until flour is moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until tested done. Makes one dozen.

*To make your own self rising flour, simply add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt for EACH cup of all purpose flour.
Sift ingredients well to make sure it is uniform

1 comment: