the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lemon Cranberry Muffins

I adapted these from another recipe:

Ingredients:

2 cups flour (I used white whole wheat)
3/4 - 1 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup ground flaxseed, optional
2 eggs
juice of 1 lemon
milk (enough to make 1 cup; see directions)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon extract (or zest of 1 lemon)
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved

Directions

1.Pour lemon juice into a measuring cup; add enough milk to make 1 cup - set aside.
2.In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3.In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk/lemon juice, oil and extract (or zest). Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
4.Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full; sprinkle with sugar, if desired. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment