the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Monday, January 17, 2011

Sugar and Spice Muffins

This is from allrecipes.com - pretty tasty! I put my changes in bold type:


  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 cup white whole wheat & 3/4 cup white)


  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder


  • 1/2 teaspoon salt


  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg


  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon


  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil


  • 3/4 cup white sugar (I used 1/2 cup)


  • 1 egg


  • 3/4 cup milk (3/4 cup soured milk)




  • cinnamon sugar


  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted



  • Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
    2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, beat together oil, sugar, egg and milk. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture, just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
    3. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
    4. While muffins are baking, make cinnamon sugar (we have a shaker of it in our spice rack). While muffins are still hot, dip tops in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar mixture. I brushed the tops with butter and sprinkled the cinnamon sugar on them.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment