You needed to know that to know why I made hot fudge sauce - that sad, droopy, condensed angel food cake needed something to make it a bit more appealing. My oldest daughter and I made this recipe from several online:
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6-8 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa (we like things really chocolate-y around here!)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup half and half, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Makes about 2 cups.
- Combine condensed milk, chocolate (and butter or oil if using) in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power for 2 minutes; stir. Continue until well blended. Mixture will be very thick.
- Stir in half and half, a little at a time, until sauce reaches desired consistency. Cool slightly and stir in vanilla. Serve. (You may need to add a bit of milk at the end if it is still too thick.)