the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

White Chicken Chili

a friend made this for us just after we had our second daughter - it's been a favorite since. I especially love the tomatillos

30 oz canned white beans
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 lb chicken – cut into cubes
4 tomatillos – diced
1 pkg frozen white corn – 16oz
2 tsp. cumin
½ tsp oregano
1 can green chilies (4 oz)
1 ½ cup chicken broth
juice of 1 lime
½ cup chopped cilantro

Place beans and liquid in large pot over low heat. Heat oil in skillet and sauté onion and garlic until golden. Add chicken and sauté until lightly browned. Stir chicken mixture into the bean pot along with tomatillos, corn, cumin, oregano, green chilies and chicken broth. Simmer uncovered 20 minutes.

Just before serving, stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve with chopped red onion, grated Monterey Jack cheese, avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment