the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hershey's Doubly Chocolate Cookies

I made these the first Christmas after we got married. Between these and all the other holiday baking, my husband gained more than 15 lbs! These are super-chocolatey, and much better if you take them out just as the tops are set. They stay soft that way.

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or 2 cups (11.5 oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips I use semi-sweet
1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts(optional) I omit these

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F.

2. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment