the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vietnam Fried Rice

this is from one of my favorite cooking blogs, Eat at Home

1 cup rice (I ended up doubling the recipe and using 2 cups of rice)

4 Tbs. cooking oil
1/4-1/2 lb. any cooked or raw meat (I used 2 large boneless chicken breasts that I sliced thin)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp.. sugar
1 Tbs. soy sauce
1 cup leftover or frozen vegetables (I used frozen peas and carrots)
2 eggs, beaten

Cook the rice. In a hot skillet add the oil and stir fry the meat if it’s not cooked. I sprinkled some soy sauce on the chicken before I stir fried it. Remove the meat from the skillet and add the garlic, onion, salt, pepper, sugar and soy sauce. I didn’t measure any of this, just eye-balled it. Stir fry until the onion is cooked through. Stir in the beaten eggs, stir frying until the eggs are done. They will not and should not look like scrambed eggs you eat for breakfast. Add the vegetables and stir fry until they are hot through. Add the chicken back in to the skillet, along with the rice. Throw in some more soy sauce until it looks good to you. Pull out the chop sticks and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment