the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our Favorite Baked Ziti

Baked Ziti


brown 1/2 lb ground beef, drain
add it to 4 cups of sauce (you can used jarred, I make my own)

cook 8 oz ziti/mostaciolli,etc. - drain

mix:
2 cups cottage cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp garlic powder (I use fresh garlic, minced)

mix cheese mixture w/noodles

in 13x9 pan sprayed w/PAM, spread ~1 cup meat/sauce
spread cheese/noodle mixture over
cover w/remaining sauce

cover, bake ~30 min. @350'

this is so good, the whole family loves it, whoever we give it to loves it. I usually make 2 8x8 pans and share one or freeze one. And it is on the lower fat end of the spectrum, if you use lower fat items.

No comments:

Post a Comment