the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lemon-Ginger Muffins

2 cups flour (I used 1 cup white/1 cup whole wheat)
¾ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1/3 – ½ cup sugar
1 - 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk (1 tbsp lemon juice; add milk to equal 1 cup and let sit while you mix other ingredients)
lemon zest from one lemon

Glaze:
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2-1 cup powdered sugar

Mix wet ingredients; in separate bowl, mix dry. Combine wet and dry, mixing only until just blended. Bake at 400* for 10-12 minutes or until done. While hot, combine glaze ingredients and brush tops of muffins with glaze. (I dipped the tops of the muffins in the bowl of glaze - yum!)

Makes 12

No comments:

Post a Comment