the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cherry Chocolate Cake

Cherry Chocolate Cake
this is really, really good - we make it yearly for Valentine's Day, and sometimes for birthdays.

Ingredients

1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cans (20 ounces each) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling, divided
3/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar

Directions

•In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and almond extract until well blended. Stir in one can of pie filling until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.

•Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Top individual servings with remaining pie filling. Yield: 18 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment