the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake

this is really, really good - I think it's an old recipe from Taste of Home healthy cooking -

2 cups sugar
2 cups blueberries
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 tsp baking powder
4 oz light cream cheese, softened
½ tsp baking soda
3 large eggs
½ tsp salt
1 large egg white
1 carton lemon yogurt (8 oz)
3 cups flour, divided
2 tsp vanilla

½ cup powdered sugar, 4 tsp lemon juice

Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.

Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level. Comgine 2 Tbsp flour and blueberries in a bowl, and toss well. Combine remaining flour, baking poder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, alternating w/yogurt, ending with flour mixture. Fold in berries and vanilla; pour into 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 350* for 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over warm cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment