the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Pie

Crust: 
1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz package)

Filling: 
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ginger
3/16 tsp allspice
3/16 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 (16-oz) can (2 cups) pumpkin
1 (12-oz) can (1.5 cups) evaporated milk
2 eggs, beaten

Directions: 
1. Prepare pie crust for one-crust filled pie using 9-inch pie pan.
2. Heat oven to 425F. In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients; blend well. Pour into crust-lined pan.
3. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350F; bake an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until serving time. Store in refrigerator.

From Pillsbury Complete Cook Book

No comments:

Post a Comment