the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Orange Cranberry Sauce Muffins

Who, in their right mind, would be baking when it's 90 degrees outside? Me - and not necessarily in my right mind...

I wanted to use up some of our pantry items, and had some whole-berry cranberry sauce, so I adapted a recipe from here. Obviously, this would come in handy around Thanksgiving, if you eat the turkey before finishing the sauce.  (my changes are in bold)

Orange Cranberry Sauce Muffins, makes 12 large muffins

Ingredients:
 2 cups all-purpose flour (I used half white whole wheat)                                      
1 cup sugar (I used 3/4 cup)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
zest 1 orange
juice from 1 orange, plus enough milk to make 1 cup liquid
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, beaten
1 cup leftover cranberry sauce
 
Directions:
*Preheat oven to 400; grease muffin tins
*In large bowl combine dry ingredients; make well in center of bowl.
*Combine all well ingredients except cranberry sauce, including zest. Add to dry ingredients, stirring only until moist. Fold in sauce.
*Divide evenly among muffin cups; bake at 400* (375* for dark nonstick) for 15 minutes or until cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment