the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Friday, February 22, 2013

Chicken & Tortellini Florentine Soup

Chicken soup, made with rotisserie chicken stock, combined with veggies, cheese tortellini, herbs and spinach. This is delicious with fresh bread. I adapted it from several recipes
found online.
 
  • 6-8 cups chicken stock (I used homemade rotisserie chicken stock)
  •  1/2 cup chopped onion
  •  1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  •  pinch each sage, rosemary & thyme
  •  2 cups dried cheese tortellini
  •  2 cups frozen mixed veggies
  • 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
  •  2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
  •  
    Heat olive oil in stock pot or dutch oven; saute onion until tender. Add stock, tomatoes, cheese, salt, pepper & seasonings. Bring to a boil and add tortellini - cook according to package directions, but stopping before it is fully cooked. Then add mixed veggies, chicken and spinach - heat through. Adjust salt and pepper if needed.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment