the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Thursday, March 3, 2011

Golden Sweet Cornbread

We tried this cornbread recipe tonight - I made a couple of changes (in bold). I found it on allrecipes.com

 
Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup white sugar (I used 1/2 cup sugar)
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (I used 3 teaspoons)
1 egg
1 cup milk (I used 1 cup soured milk)
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan. (I used 8x8 baking dish, sprayed with PAM)
In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 188 | Total Fat: 7.4g | Cholesterol: 19mg

No comments:

Post a Comment