the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, December 15, 2010

White Bean Dip with Rosemary & Garlic

This makes a very good spread, similar to hummus. I mixed ideas from several recipes online. The rosemary adds a really nice touch:

2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed well
3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup olive oil

In a saute pan over medium heat, stir half the olive oil and the 3 cloves garlic until fragrant, being careful not to brown garlic, about 1 minute. Pour oil and garlic into a food processor.

Add remaining ingredients to the food processor and process until smooth.

Serve with pita chips, veggies, crackers, etc. This made ~3 cups of dip. I made my own pita chips by slicing the pitas into small triangles, brushing with olive oil, sprinkling with sea salt, and baking at 400* - 5 minutes on one side, flip all pieces and bake ~3 minutes or until crispy. They are good warm or cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment