the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tilapia with Garlic, Tomatoes & Basil

I made this last month and it was "okay", according to the girls. This time, I left out the white wine entirely, and it was "Mom, this is the BEST!" So, that is our  new variation.

adapted from: Tilapia with Wine, Tomatoes & Basil

Ingredients


4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons butter (I didn't use any)
3 cloves garlic, pressed
4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1 cup white wine (optional, I didn't use any)

Directions

1.Preheat a grill for medium-high heat. (I cooked it in the oven at 350' until flaky)

2.Place the tilapia fillets side by side on a large piece of aluminum foil. Season each one with salt and pepper. Place one tablespoon of butter on top of each piece of fish, and sprinkle garlic, basil and tomato. Pour the wine over everything. Fold foil up around fish, and seal into a packet. Place packet on a cookie sheet for ease in transportation to and from the grill.

3.Place foil packet on the preheated grill, and cook for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open the packet carefully so as not to get burned from the steam, and serve.

**I have also cooked it on the stove top - just put all the ingredients in a large saute pan, heat until bubbling, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until fish is cooked through and flaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment