the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ham, Tomato and White Bean Soup

Ham, Tomato and White Bean Soup
(we LOVE this soup! - it is wonderful in the winter)

 Ingredients


1 medium onion, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced (optional)

1 tsp olive oil

1 28 oz. can diced or pureed tomatoes, undrained

2-4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)

1 15 oz can cannelini or northern beans, drained

1 cup ham, diced

basil (dried or fresh), salt & pepper to taste

Directions

1.Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add tomatoes and broth (use broth to bring soup to desired consistency; we like ours thick so I use 2 or 3 cups) - simmer ~15 minutes. Add beans, ham and seasoning - heat through.

Footnotes

This is really good with fresh homemade bread, and the leftovers taste even better, if you have any.

1 comment:

  1. Looks tasty & I think I have everything for it, MMMMM Good!

    ReplyDelete