the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie Filling

another favorite - we use leftovers from a rotisserie chicken - usually I'll pick all the chicken off and boil down the carcass with carrots, onions, celery and peppercorns to make the chicken broth.

Melt 1/3 cup butter
Saute: 1/3 cup chopped onion, carrots, celery
Add: 1/3 cup flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Thyme, parsley

Gradually add: 1 ¾ cup chicken broth
½ cup milk
2 ½ cup cubed chicken
2 cups veggies

Bake at 350* in a pie shell, or in a 13x9 covered with crescent roll dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment