the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Aigo Bouido - Garlic Soup

This soup is perfect for a cold, rainy day. It's from a soup and bread cookbook by Crescent Dragonwagon.

Ingredients:

•5 Tablespoons Olive Oil

•2 Large Onion -- Chopped
•8 Cloves Garlic -- Chopped
•1 Can Tomatoes -- Chopped
•5 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
•1/2 Teaspoon Sage
•1/2 Teaspoon Rosemary
•1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
•Salt And Pepper -- To Taste
•4 Ounces Gruyere Cheese -- Grated



Saute onions in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Add stock, all the herbs, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve sprinkled with cheese. (or, sprinkle cheese and more garlic on slices of homemade bread and put under the broiler for a few minutes!)

**This is fantastic soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment