the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Saturday, July 6, 2013

Open-Faced Berry Tart

This is so easy, and it also works with chopped apples, sugar and cinnamon:

Serves 4

1 ready to bake pie crust
1/2 cup each blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. cold butter
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 35o*; position rack in lower third of oven. Coat baking sheet with baking spray.
Unroll pie crust onto baking sheet. Spread mixed berries over the dough, leaving a 3 inch border. Sprinkle sugar and drizzle honey over fruit. Cut butter into slivers and dot top of fruit. Fold the dough over fruit filling, allowing dough to pleat. The dough will not completely cover the fruit.
Dip pastry brush in water and moisten crust. Sprinkle crust with remaining tsp. of sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Serve warm or cool with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment